School Readiness Goals 2012
SCHOOL READINESS GOALS FOR SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL DEVELOPMENT
SCHOOL READINESS GOALS FOR APPROACHES TOWARD LEARNING
1. Be interested in and pay attention to learning activities.
2. Be creative and inventive thinkers.
SCHOOL READINESS GOALS FOR LANGUAGE AND LITERACY
1. Understand increasingly complex vocabulary.
2. Point to and name letters of the alphabet.
3. Write letters and words.
SCHOOL READINESS GOALS FOR COGNITION AND GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
1. Point to and name numbers and tell how many.
2. Classify, compare and contrast objects and experiences i.e. bigger/smaller, before/after
short/tall, and few/many.
SCHOOL READINESS GOALS FOR PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT AND HEALTH
1. Take care of their personal needs such as dressing, undressing, hand washing, meal time
tasks and toilet tasks.
2. Follow safety rules and healthy habits.
3. Learn to use tools such as pencils, crayons, scissors and paint brushes.